Discover more from Super Sally’s Newsletter
Mga Bata! (The Children!) A discussion on the reported mortality from both natural covid-19 infections and in the post-vaccine pharmacovigilance studies on the 5 - 17 age groups.
Vaccines are given to healthy populations with low risk from disease. Vaccines must be held to the highest safety standards. Rollout of C19 vaccines to pediatric populations has bypassed this.
Here is the data, extracted by a fellow Cebu-based data analyst, of the Philippine Covid-19 attributed cases and deaths in children aged 0 - 17 years of age up to 26th March 2022 (DOH Data).
1,079 pediatric deaths are reported, with most (32%) occurring in the < 1 age group, and an additional 16% in the 1- <2 year age group (a total of 48% in the youngest of children). Tragically, in the Philippines, the 0 age-group does have very considerable mortality. In 2019, there were 21,723 registered deaths in children less than 1 year of age; compared to 344 deaths attributed to covid-19, however, this is only 2% of total deaths in that age-group).
In the Philippines, Covid-19 vaccines are approved for children aged from 5 to 17 years of age. Originally this was Pfizer only, but recently has extended to sinovac.
Deaths attributed to Covid-19 in children aged 5 to 11 since the beginning of the pandemic in early 2020 are 176 deaths in the 25 months from March 2020 to March 2022 (shall we say on average 7 a month).
Deaths attributed to Covid-19 in children aged 12 to 17 since the beginning of the pandemic are 264 deaths in 25 Months from March 2020 to March 2022 (shall we say on average 10.5 a month).
Local pediatrician doctor friends assure me that the only children they see dying from covid-19 related infections are those who were already seriously ill with underlying conditions or with very severe metabolic syndromes. Thus, despite the tragedy, the children who die from (or with) covid-19 are not healthy children!
C-19 Vaccine rollout to all Filipino children age 12 - 17 started last 15th October 2021, 5 months ago. Vaccine rollout for the 5 to 11 age group commenced on 7 Feb 2022, just over 2 months ago.
The Philippines FDA Pharmacovigilance Reports reports deaths reported following receipt of vaccination. Up to 10th of April 2022; it reports 26 deaths in the 12 - 17 age-group (if time scales apply this would be equivalent to 130 deaths in 25 months vs. 264 attributed to covid-19 infection), and 4 deaths in the 5-11 age group (equivalent to about 50 deaths in a 25 month period vs 176 covid-19 attributed deaths). So the difference between vaccine deaths and covid-19 deaths are only 2-3.5 fold, likely far below the underreporting factor (US VAERS reports 40 - > 100% underreporting).
Should we kill healthy children to possibly save unhealthy ones? This also doesn’t hold because healthy children cannot protect unhealthy children by being vaccinated, considering that the vaccines don’t prevent infection or transmission.
Should we only offer vaccines to those at highest risk (maybe a benefit for prevention of severe illness), and not to children and persons at low risk? Perhaps this is a more rational approach!
While the FDA report takes care to point out that they consider most deaths are due to comorbidities, the precedent for all of these deaths WAS the receipt of a covid-19 vaccine, AND the children’s family / caregivers/medical team made a link which prompted them to make the report.
Vaccination is a product given to healthy children (and adults), meant to prevent adverse outcomes from an infection. Healthy children are not at significant risk from C-19 infection. Thus it must be held to the very highest standards of safety.
If healthy low risk children are harmed, the benefits of the C-19 vaccination surely cannot outweigh the risks! Please bear in mind that this discussion only relates to short-term deaths. Medium and long term consequences on health, on fertility, on longevity are unknown!